8:30am Saturday marathon
10:00am Saturday half marathon
9:30am Sunday half marathon
Marathon course 26.2 miles
Half marathon course 14.4 miles
You must be able to complete the course within 6 1/2 hours for the marathon and 4 hours for the half marathon. Walkers are not permitted to register for the marathon due to course support constraints. Walkers are welcome in the half marathon.
All packet pickup will be in the start/finish area at the Historic Clackamas Ranger Station on the morning of your race. Saturday packet pickup is from 7:00am to 10:00am. Sunday packet pickup is from 8:00am to 9:30am.
Take Oregon Highway 26 to Skyline Road 42. Follow Skyline Road 42 for approximately 11 miles. Turn towards Clackamas Lake. The parking area begins about 1/4 mile ahead. There are other ways to get to the event but you are responsible for getting your own road condition reports and for the consequences of the route you select.
Event parking is located along Skyline Road 42 just south of the Historic Clackamas Ranger Station near the start and finish area. Signs will indicate where you are allowed to park. DO NOT park in any campgrounds unless you are a registered guest. DO NOT park anywhere along Skyline Road 42 north of Historic Clackamas Ranger Station or your vehicle will be towed.
There are three aid stations on the course with water, Gatorade and toilets. On the half marathon course they are located at approximately miles 6.25, 10 and 12.25. On the marathon course they are located at approximately 6.25, 10, 12.25, 18, 21.5 and 24. This spacing is greater than most events due to the lack access to many sections of the trail. It is therefore recommended that participants carry their own nutrition and hydration supplies. You may refill your fluid containers at the aid stations. If you are allergic to bee stings it is strongly advised that you carry your emergency medication with you. This is a remote location and medical facilities are a long distance away.
Awards will be presented to the top three male and female finishers. Age groups awards will be presented to the top male and female on each of the following age ranges: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over. All participants will receive a commemorative Timberline Marathon technical shirt and a custom FINISHER MEDAL.
- This is an open course. TRAFFIC DOES NOT STOP AT ROAD CROSSINGS. Racers are responsible for coming to a complete stop and looking both ways to insure safe crossing of all paved and gravel roads.
- Expect to encounter horses on the trail as there is a major horse camp near the finish. Slow to a walk and approach in a calm manner. Allow the equestrian to pass or pull off the trail before proceeding. Be courteous.
- Discarding trash anywhere on the course will result in disqualification.
- No blocking of other runners is permitted. Run to one side of the trail to allow passing.
- You may walk at any time. Please walk to one side of the trail to permit others to pass.
- Race numbers must be visible from the front at all times.
- Headphones must be removed at all road crossings.
- Unregistered pace runners are not permitted on the course.
- No alcohol is permitted on the event premises.
- You must be capable of completing the course prior to the course closure times listed above.